bind9 zone transfers with rsync

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Nov 13 15:35:50 UTC 2001

In article <9sppln$5ph at pub3.rc.vix.com>,  <Mark_Andrews at isc.org> wrote:
>	If you define it as being able to replace the standard zone
>	transfer mechanisms and have them automatically triggered
>	then it is not there.

I think the OP misunderstood the intent of the "named-xfer" option.  It's
there to support putting the named-xfer program in a directory different
from where the makefile expects it to be.  While it *could* be used to
completely replace the named-xfer program (and even if the option weren't
there you could have done this simply by putting your own program in place
of the normal named-xfer), this wasn't what it was really for, and there
was no requirement to retain the option in the new architecture.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA