NSUpdate : manual update of zone

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Mon Nov 12 22:07:22 UTC 2001

In article <9smfjj$b4t at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Zorglub  <no at free.fr> wrote:
>In my case some records are concerned by dynamic updates some not.

If you're performing dynamic updates on a zone, you pretty much have to
stick to that method from then on; you can't mix dynamic updates and manual
zone file updates on the same zone.  If you've been performing dynamic
updates, the zone file usually won't have the current zone contents, so if
you edit it manually and reload it you'll lose all the dynamic updates that
were made since the last snapshot.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Woburn, MA