Name Server Behind Router

McNutt, Justin M. McNuttJ at missouri.edu
Sat Nov 10 13:24:29 UTC 2001

Because it's still easier to set up a centrally-run DHCP server (especially
if it's ISC's) than it is to keep up with client configurations,
particularly if your other services (DNS servers, for instance) change very
much.

In one of the private networks I operate, this saves oodles of time.  It's
only five machines, but when a new machine is added, just turn it on.  The
maintenance involved in worrying about whether or not I've already assigned
that IP address is well worth the initial effort of setting up the DHCP
server.

...and we're getting off-topic.

--J