Reporting procedure for problems/bugs

Alecio Maduro alecio at cura.net
Fri May 4 14:04:10 UTC 2001

Hi,

On April 1st, I downloaded version 9.1.1 of Bind and compiled/tested the
software.
This I did on a Data General system running dg/ux for INTEL.
Apart from having to edit all relevant Makefiles to add the switch -lsocket
for the LIBS, it all compiled some with warnings, but I was able to create
the executables.
As I was having major problems with mail etc. it never went into production
as I wanted to submit it to a thorough test cycle to feel at ease once
implemented.
As at the same time I subscribed to this mailing list, I was seeing that
the product had some bug and missing some version 8 features.
I also wanted to get the latest book on Bind from O'Reilly (4th edition)
before taking the step.
Seeing that Bind-9.1.2rc1 was available and was taking care of some bugs, I
decided to get this one.
problem now is that not everything will compile like test, check and nsupdate.
I have these 2 questions:
-       How can I have the configure add the -lsocket to the LIBS
-       How can I get some help to get this new version totally compiled
and running.
What would I need to report these problems ? e.g. config.log etc ?

Regards,

Alecio Maduro
Dr. M.J. Hugenlotzweg 40
Curacao, Netherlands Antilles