two or more bind/servers on the same machine

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Fri May 4 01:11:57 UTC 2001

No, chroot() is not necessary to run multiple instances on the same machine.
But if you want to control the named instances via ndc, you'll have to
configure different control channels. And obviously, if you want different
zone contents, you'll have to specify different files in "file" clauses, or a
different directory in the "directory" option.

- Kevin