using "IXFR"

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed May 2 00:00:06 UTC 2001

What are you *really* trying to do? Seems like you're calling a slave a
master or a master a slave. If you're trying to "trick" the slave into
having a different version of the zone than the master, then be aware that
a master always has the option of sending a full AXFR instead of an
IXFR whenever it feels like it, so your "local" changes on the slave could
get wiped out. Find a better way, e.g. maintain the two servers in
(semi-)parallel using Dynamic Update.

- Kevin