A suggestion/help needed

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue May 1 23:55:22 UTC 2001

I'm not sure that this is related to your problem, but it might be. You
*cannot* just make up a name like "primary." and use it in an NS record.
You have to use a real name that is resolvable in DNS. The names in your
NS records and in the delegations from the parent zone (.net) should
match. When other nameservers cache "primary." as the nameserver for your
domain, then it is totally unusable because there is no "primary." entry
in the root zone.

Also, you should have at least 2 nameservers for redundancy.

- Kevin