update on memory leaks

Farid Hamjavar hamjavar at unm.edu
Tue May 29 16:32:05 UTC 2001

AIX 4.3.3
BIND 8.2.4

Approximately in  past two years (since  8.x release) I
have posted  here questions regarding BIND  memory leak
which leads  to crash (AKA "flushset:  out of memory").
Kind of annoying  when unix box stays up  for many many
months but BIND dies after  a week! I spent sometime on
it to figure the cause.

During all that time I  have been (still am) monitoring
memory usage of  BIND and I am happy to  say that 8.2.4
has ended memory leaks -- not even a single drop!

There were at  least 10 memory leak fixes  I spotted on
8.2.4 release note.

Thanks,
UNM
Farid