[ Q ] Changing UMASK creation

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Wed May 23 03:33:17 UTC 2001

	The files are created with mkstemp() and hence are mode
	0600.  You should not be depending upon the backup files
	being up to date as the nameserver may have changes in the
	journal file.

	The only way to guarentee that you have a up to date copy
	of the zone file is to perform a axfr.

	In general you should not be looking at the files named
	uses to cache its secondary zone files in as they are free
	to change format at anytime.  i.e. we could make them into
	binary representations.  The are private to named and should
	be treated as such.

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.