[ Q ] Changing UMASK creation

Joseph S D Yao jsdy at cospo.osis.gov
Tue May 22 16:51:20 UTC 2001

On Tue, May 22, 2001 at 01:49:13PM +0200, Paco Orozco wrote:
> I'm running BIND 9.1.1REL with a non-privileged user:

Change to BIND 9.1.2-REL.

> # /usr/local/sbin/named -u dns -c /etc/mapes/configuration/named.conf
>
> It's working fine resolving like master and slave request, but, when
> it create a slave map it creates like:
>
> /etc/mapes/secondary# ll
> - -rw-------   1 dns      admdns    228237 Apr 25 09:00 197.83
> - -rw-------   1 dns      admdns       353 Apr 24 21:22 pack.com
>
> We have a group of DNS admins "admdns" in order to view/delete this
> maps. But, if this maps are saved as above, this group can handle
> maps.
>
> I'd like that this maps were created with 660 permissions... How can
> modify it? Is it possible?

I believe that the 'umask' was there originally - I can't find anywhere
in the source code that it's changed.  Try:

# (umask 022; /usr/local/sbin/named -u dns -c /etc/mapes/configuration/named.conf)

[/etc/mapes?  I had a friend Pete Mapes once.  ;-)]

OSIS Center Computer Support					EMT-B