Setting Up Secondary Server ...

Desmond Coughlan desmond at cybercable.fr
Wed May 16 19:41:58 UTC 2001

Hi,
I've downloaded, compiled and installed BIND 9.1.2 onto an Ultra-5,
running Solaris 8.  This machine will be a secondary DNS, and I'm
trying to configure the various files.

The documentation that I've so far been able to find, says that the
named.boot file has been replaced with an /etc/named.conf file.

Could anyone point me in the direction of instructions as to how to
write this file (specifically, what is its syntax) ?

I'm working with 'TCP/IP Network Administration', by Craig Hunt, but
that still lists the main configuration file as being named.boot.

Do I need named.ca for a secondary server, for example ?

Thanks in advance.  :)

--
Desmond Coughlan               |Restez Zen ... UNIX peut le faire
desmond at cybercable.fr          |YGL#4 YFC#1 YFB#1 UKRMMA#14 two#38