ISC ftp down?

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Tue May 15 14:17:15 UTC 2001

> At 9:44 AM +1000 5/15/01, Andrew Best wrote:
>
> >  Trying to grab the source tar balls for 8.2.3 from ftp.isc.org.
> >  Getting connection refused however. Been like this for about a week now.
>
> 	Unfortunately, ftp.nominum.com is also down.

	ftp.nominum.com does not accept PASSIVE connections.  Most
	web browsers use PASSIVE connections.  Use ftp from the
	command line and use a ACTIVE connection which is the
	default for most command line ftp clients unless told
	otherwise.

	I can get in via ftp from home and retrieve files.  There
	are no special holes in the firewall for my machines.

	Mark
--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark.Andrews at nominum.com