name with multiple IP address

Nick Simicich njs at scifi.squawk.com
Thu Mar 29 17:11:37 UTC 2001

At 11:51 AM 3/29/2001 +0300, razvan at ns.rartel.ro wrote:

>If I understood your question correctly, it can't. Normally the resolver
>will hand over the first A address and discard the others.

Huh?  It returns all the A records.  Usually in round robin order.  It is
the application that decides to use the first one and not bother with the
rest.

>Regards,
>Razvan
>
>Razvan Bruma
>Unix System Administrator
>email: razvan at rartel.ro
>

>On Wed, 28 Mar 2001, Hossien Yadollahi wrote:
>
>> Hi,  The scenario is:
>> Application sent a request to resolver to resolve the name to IP address
of a router,  router has two CP's each with different IP address.
>> Assuming the server is capable of sort the IP addresses of the CP's on
the router & answer the resolver query with both IP addresses,

--
We will fight for bovine freedom, And hold our large heads high.
We will run free, with the buffalo or die! Cows with Guns.
Nick Simicich mailto:njs at scifi.squawk.com
http://scifi.squawk.com/njs.html -- Stop by and Light Up The World!