Installing BIND 9's MAN pages

Lee, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Lee.contractor at fnmoc.navy.mil
Wed Mar 28 21:54:18 UTC 2001

try http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=bind-users&r=1&w=2

-----Original Message-----
From: Christopher L. Barnard [mailto:cbar44 at tsg.cbot.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 28, 2001 8:16 PM
To: bind-users at isc.org
Subject: Re: Installing BIND 9's MAN pages

> [the fact that BIND uses the BSD mandoc type of man pages, which Solaris
>  does not support]
>
> Consult the archives or the archives of bind9-users. The subject has
> been explained several times.

Just out of curiousity, where do you go to get these archives?  Nominum
archives the bind and bind9 mailing lists, but there is no search.  So to
find
an article on a particular subject, you have to go through every single
article.  Not very useful.

> So to get prettily formatted man pages on this platform,
> format them with the mandoc macros.

Except, of course, that they are not installed with Solaris as you just
said.

> The least painful way to do that
> is install groff which uses them automatically. Or try

Actually it does not.  Feeding a man page from Bind though groff results in
almost completely unreadable text.  It is the libraries (in particular
mandoc)
that are needed, not just the groff package.

| Christopher L. Barnard         O     When I was a boy I was told that |
| cbarnard at tsg.cbot.com         / \    anybody could become president.  |
| (312) 347-4901               O---O   Now I'm beginning to believe it. |
| http://www.cs.uchicago.edu/~cbarnard                --Clarence Darrow |
+----------PGP public key available via finger or PGP keyserver---------+