Virtual DNS server

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Mon Mar 26 15:49:51 UTC 2001

On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 08:14:22AM +1000, mike wrote:
> Just need some information on creating a Virtual DNS server, can someone
> help?

Not with a question phrased like this:

> eg;  I have a domain call x.com and it's currently registed at dns.y.com and
> nic.y.com.  Now I want to create a virtual DNS server aliasing dns.y.com and
> nic.y.com.  So I can register x.com to ns1.x.com and ns2.x.com.
> What I need to do to setup the DNS record for x.com.db ?

I dunno. Are dns.y.com and nic.y.com the same machines as ns1.x.com and
ns2.x.com? Are you renaming the two existing machines or are you
migrating to two new boxes.

For heaven's sake give real names and real IP addresses. There's a lot
of solar activity ATM - my psychic powers have been affected :)

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's