Proposal: Seperate windows-bind-users list

Danny Mayer mayer at gis.net
Mon Mar 26 03:51:25 UTC 2001

         This is a bad idea.  There is almost no traffic concerning bind on Win32.
There's lots of traffic concerning Win2K systems sending updates to the nameserver.
However, those nameservers are almost invariably running on Solaris or Linux.
The whole goal of the Windows port of BIND is to make it work as much as
possible like the one on Unix. The bind for windows specific traffic in this list is
less than 1%.  Why don't you just create a mail filter to dump the windows bind
mail to NULL?

                 Danny