registering nameservers

Lyle Lyle at lcrcomputer.com
Sun Mar 25 03:10:34 UTC 2001

It's all part of the registration of the domain name.  What servers are to
be queryed for that information?  A name server can be authoritative for
more than one domain and I am sure it's just a database thing.

Besides, I run DNS servers with many domains hosted on them.  I want to move
one or more DNS servers to a new subnet. It's much easier for me to look up
the record for my DNS server and input that change once and all effected
domains are updated.  I wouldn't want to move a DNS server and then have to
change potentially hundreds of domain records when all I really need to do
is change one record the DNS server.

Besides there is no charge for registering nameservers.  And is done
automatically the first time a DNS server is used in a domain record.

Lyle