DNS arch design

Morris Balamut mbalamut at nortelnetworks.com
Wed Mar 21 14:38:47 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am looking for information on the proper ways to build a DNS hierarchy for
complex
organizations and networks.

There are a lot of books and papers on the fundamental for DNS, but I have
not found any
good references that discuss the design approaches and tradeoffs required in
a real world
implementation.

Does anyone have any documents, examples, book information or reports
related to
the design of a DNS architecture.

If you would please respond to me directly, I will be happy to post a
summary to the list.
Thank you.

Morris Balamut, Sr. Network Support Engineer
Nortel Networks
mbalamut at nortelnetworks.com

The two most common things in the Universe:
  - Hydrogen
  - Stupidity
  (Not necessarily in that order)