Transfer failing

Roy Arends Roy.Arends at nominum.com
Wed Mar 21 15:42:59 UTC 2001

On Wed, 21 Mar 2001, anthony person wrote:

> I have configured bind 9.1.1rc4 to run on HPUX 11 thanks to the e-mails ands
> questions posted to this group. Thank you to all who have participated.
>

> I am having a problem transferring my zone records to a secondary NS, but I
> can receive theirs fine. EX: wolverine is the master name server for the
> domain "digitec.com". Rouge is the master server for the domain
> "and.digitec.com". "rouge.and.digitec.com" can receive zone transfers from
> "wolverine.digitec.com" but not vice versa.
>

> wolverine.digitec.com is running bind 4.9.3. rouge.and.digitec.com is
> running bind 9.1.1.

and.digitec.com. is not delegated by the zone digitec.com.

See output below.

Regards

Roy Arends
Nominum

% dig +nostats @ns1.cloud9.net. and.digitec.com. NS

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> +nostats @ns1.cloud9.net. and.digitec.com. NS
; (1 server found)
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL: 0
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;      and.digitec.com, type = NS, class = IN

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
digitec.com.            1D IN SOA
ns1.cloud9.net. hostmaster.cloud9.net. (
                                        1998060301      ; serial
                                        3H              ; refresh
                                        30M             ; retry
                                        5w6d16h         ; expiry