An nslookup question

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Tue Mar 20 02:51:04 UTC 2001

I already answered this once: didn't you see my response?

a) for any zone transfer, you need to be talking to an authoritative
server for the zone. Does the server you are querying consider itself
authoritative for the zone? nslookup will tag non-authoritative

b) try "ls -d": the normal "ls" command in nslookup will only show
A records

c) "dig" is much better at this kind of thing.

- Kevin