TSIG should be that way??

Osman Shoukry oshoukry at onepage.com
Fri Mar 9 19:10:44 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am unable to really understand how the TSIG works, even though I have
configured it, but here is what I see. I remove the key from the slave, the
transfer of zones goes through.
I keep it, the request is signed and the transfer goes through.  If I remove
the TSIG section from the master, then the transfer fails.

How do I forbid transfer unless the request is signed AND comming from the
correct IP (or is that not possible)??

Here is my current config, maybe there is something I am overlooking..

==========  Master Config
key shared-secret. {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "Mxb8ljzEodY9sUkFi3cSYQ==";
};

server xx.xx.xx.2 {
        transfer-format many-answers;
        keys { shared-secret. ; };
};
	acl "slaves" { xx.xx.xx.2; };
	options {
        directory "/var/named";
        allow-transfer { none; };
        pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
};
	zone "test.com" {
        type master;
        file "test.com";
        allow-transfer { slaves; };
};

	========== Slave config
	key shared-secret. {
        algorithm hmac-md5;
        secret "Mxb8ljzEodY9sUkFi3cSYQ==";
};
	server xx.xx.xx.1 {
        keys { shared-secret. ; };
};

options {
        directory "/var/named";
        allow-transfer { none; };
        pid-file "/var/run/named.pid";
};
	zone "test.com" {
        type slave;
        file "test.com";
        masters { xx.xx.xx.1; };
};

Thank you for any help you can offer,

Osman Shoukry

PS: Please excuse me for reposting this, but I didn't assign a subject, that
is why I am reposting.