ISC & BSD Rel.

James Raftery james-bind-users at now.ie
Thu Mar 1 14:53:22 UTC 2001

On Wed, Feb 14, 2001 at 10:54:21AM -0500, Hossein Yadollahi wrote:
> Can you  let me know, If  ISC code is different from BSD code,  If
> ISC & BSD are two different organization,
> I have been looking at ISC code & OpenBSD code, I am confused if one is
> source from other ????
> any additional info is appreciated.

The I.S.C. publish BIND. BIND is included in many Unix operating
systems. OpenBSD is an example of such an operating system. There are
many others; Debian GNU/Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris...

I.S.C and the OpenBSD movement are no more the same than Ford and
Goodyear are the same because Ford use Goodyear tyres (or whatever brand
they may actually use).

james
--
James Raftery (JBR54)
  "It's somewhere in the Red Hat district"  --  A network engineer's