reverse lookup question...

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Wed Jun 27 07:32:53 UTC 2001

>Thanks for your reply, but unfortunately this doesn't help me, since our
>domains are registered under the name of our ISP...

Then them trasferred to you.

>Also I am looking for a
>complete list of the domains AND subdomains with their corresponding
>IP-addresses...
>Just a thought: would it be possible to set up BIND on a computer to become
>a slave of the zone(s) our ISP has? Than we would be able to look at the
>zone-files, right?

If they have their NS set up without zone transfer restrictions or with
your ip´s allow-transfer, yes.

If transfer is allowed, no need to set up a DNS, just do:

dig @ns1.secretISP.nl secretdomain.nl axfr > db.secretdomain.nl

the db. file is your zone contents, with an SOA RR at top and bottom.

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways