Public DNS help

Len Conrad LConrad at Go2France.com
Thu Jun 21 07:47:17 UTC 2001

>I have two domains on the public DNS.  One is accepted with no problems
>and has been in place for a couple of years.  I added the next one and
>just copied the file for the other one, (with the exception of changing
>the domain of course) and BIND rejects the zone with the following error:

>Database error near ()
>No default TTL ($TTL <value>) set, using SOA minimum instead

put

$TTL 86400

.... at the top of the zone file, this is a very FAQ. Welcome to the list.

>master zone "ceffl.com" (IN) loaded (serial 192909846)

ok

>master zone "ceffl.com" (IN) rejected due to errors (serial 190491317)

why is it loading the same zone again?  do you have one or two zone
statements in named.conf?  Do you have one or two SOA records in the
ceff1.com zone file?

>why is it doing this?

can´t say, without seeing your files

>The file I used for an example is already in place,
>I just edited the domain.

looks like you didn´t edit quite enough and/or correctly

>Why wouldn't it reject the other one, too?

how about showing us your named.conf and that zone file

Len

http://MenAndMice.com/DNS-training
http://BIND8NT.MEIway.com : ISC BIND 8.2.4 for NT4 & W2K
http://IMGate.MEIway.com  : Build free, hi-perf, anti-abuse mail gateways