DNS name resolution problem

Justin Thomas justin at jdthomas.net
Tue Jun 19 11:18:30 UTC 2001

This could be a problem with reverse resolution.  Try either correcting your
reverse zones (i.e. 1.168.192.in-addr.arpa) or disabling reverse resolution
on the firewall.  Many firewalls - especially proxy based firewalls with an
SMTP proxy - attempt to do a reverse lookup on all traffic coming through
the proxy.  This can cause a very noticeable delay if the firewall cannot
find the reverse address.

Justin