Bind 9.1.0 - Bind 9.1.2 upgrade question about TSIG keys

Jon Bibeau jbibeau at c-i-s.com
Mon Jun 18 16:43:53 UTC 2001

Hi, I have a quick question. My two DNS servers are running Bind 9.1.0 under
Linux, and I would like to upgrade to Bind 9.1.2, but I have alot of DDNS
customers running with TSIG keys. I understand there have been alot of
changes to the way in which Bind handles TSIG keys, and I was wondering if
anyone knew if this would affect my upgrade? Basically, do I have to
re-generate ALL of my TSIG keys?

Jon Bibeau <jbibeau at c-i-s.com>

System Administrator,
CIS Technical Services
33 Main St, Suite 302
Nashua, NH 03060
(603) 889-4884 (Local)
(603) 889-0534 (Fax)

"Some men see things the way they are and say, 'why?'
I dream things that never were and say, 'why not?'"
-- Robert F. Kennedy