tcp limitations

Marc.Thach at radianz.com Marc.Thach at radianz.com
Fri Jun 15 07:52:08 UTC 2001

> agree with all you write (well, the technical staff, anyway), but tcp has
> its advantages in my eyes, some of which you might disagree, and some you
> are not aware of.

OK, so what are these advantages of TCP that we're not aware of?  If this
is something that you're going to productise then I for one am listening.
This could be very relevant to me.

> When trying to do an internal task, trying to use the standard is good
for
> certain reasons, but a propriety solution might sometime fit better.
> Sticking to standards by all cost is a bit narrow minding, as I see it.

Sticking to standards is often a good approach when integrating services in
a large heterogeneous environment.

Rgds
Marc TXK