Can nsupdate work with Microsoft DNS?

gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com gopakumar.pillai at hybrid.com
Thu Jun 14 21:49:05 UTC 2001

Since I didn't find this coming thru the mailing list, I am sending this
again.

Can BIND 8.2.3 or higher nsupdate work with Microsoft DNS?

Background: I am trying to port my public domain project dnsupdate
(http://dnsupdate.sourceforge.net) on Windows 2000. It works fine with BIND.
It can create files for Microsoft DNS too. I couldn't succesfully use
dynamic update on the MDNS. I am using BIND nsupdate, converted to a
function. I am talking about Windows 2000 Advanced Server. I didn't
configure Active Directory on the system I tested.

Can any one give me some more insight. If some one can help me test it,
that'll be wonderful too.

Thanks

--Gopu