Bind domain; win2k sub-domain

David Frank david at datachannel.com
Thu Jun 14 15:24:17 UTC 2001

 One of our departments wants their own sub domain to manage. The problem is
that they want to use a Win2k DNS Server for their DNS; we currently use
bind exclusively. Another issue is that they also have Solaris boxes that
they want in that same sub-domain.

My question is this; If they run their win2k box as a master of their
sub-domain and I configure my DNS server (Which is the secondary for our
domain) as a slave for their sub-domain, will the Solaris boxes be able to
look to my Unix name server for resolution when Win2k DNS fails?

We are currently running Bind 8.2.4 in Solaris 7 internally.

Thank you for your time,

David

David Frank | Network Administrator

w w w . d a t a c h a n n e l . c o m