need Setup info for 2 DNS servers

Jeff Donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Thu Jun 14 14:02:25 UTC 2001

Greetings,

I currently have a primary DNS server running fine. I am going to put
in a firewall and Translate many of my client addresses.

I've read in one of Kevins replies to a similar post, that I would
need to place my "Master" dns inside the firewall, and a "Fake
Master" outside the firewall. Then, all i would have to do is set the
Master to do zone transfers to the Fake.

Can someone show me this setup or guide me to a url or page in DNS
bind that i can look at?

second, is this the best method? Are there any other solutions (eg
forwarders, cache server etc..)

here is What I'm looking at doing:

(( iNet	))

	|______{global access DNS}

[firewall]

	{Internal access DNS/mail}

What I would like to do is have all of my clients query the internal
server for dns and mail. The rest of the world would see the external
box. But Im not sure how to configure these two machines to dance
together.

Also I would guess I would need to setup an Off Site secondary server.

thoughts comments ref urls and flames welcome :)

--jeff
Jeff Donovan                    Network Analyst
Bethlehem Area School District	Network Operations
Bethlehem, PA  18020            (610) 807-5571  jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us