Automatic Secondary NS

Chris Buxton cbuxton at menandmice.com
Thu Jun 7 00:17:15 UTC 2001

There are such tools available. However, they tend to cost money.

[warning: sales pitch ahead]

I normally wouldn't make such a blatant commercial pitch, but it does
directly address the question. If you're interested in a commercial
solution, we make one, called QuickDNS. When using QuickDNS to manage
your servers, when you create a zone, master and slave servers are
all configured automatically. When you save a change to a zone, it is
immediately reloaded on both master and slave servers, without going
through a whole restart sequence.

If you're interested in more details, please see the website
referenced in my signature.

Chris Buxton <cbuxton at menandmice.com>

Men & Mice <http://www.menandmice.com/> offers:
  - DNS training, including Active Directory
  - QuickDNS, a DNS management system for servers on Linux & Mac OS
    (Solaris support coming soon!)
  - DNS Expert, a DNS analysis and troubleshooting utility