allow-query or something else?

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Mon Jun 4 22:52:23 UTC 2001

alexus wrote:

> Hi
>
> I'm using bind 9.x and I serve few primary/secondary zones
>
> I want to limit use of query for anyone who's outside my network to domains
> that i serve only and not for anything else.. does anyone know how to do it?
>
> i put allow-query but, but then i start geting messages
>
> box named[18928]: client xxx.xx.xxx.xx#26353: query 'xxx.com/IN' denied
>
> i assuming my name server is not really serving those zones anymore even
> though it does for people who's on the list in allow-query..

 I'm not sure what the problem is here. You want to restrict access to your
nameserver, and the log message above indicates that you denied a query. Isn't
that what you wanted?

Or, does all of that xxx.xx.xxx.xx garbage indicate that you denied a query
that you shouldn't have? This isn't clear from your message...

- Kevin