determine the right SOA values in ddns

Hannah O Day hoyoung at us.ibm.com
Fri Jun 1 11:46:42 UTC 2001

I agree with you, but there are poorly written apps that depend on hostname
resolution for authentication.  I don't have control over that.  I only
make sure I provide the service so that they can do what they need to do:
-).

Hannah Day
-----

                    pelln at icke-reklam.ipsec.
                    nu.invalid                     To:     comp-protocols-dns-bind at moderators.isc.org
                    Sent by:                       cc:
                    bind-users-bounce at isc.or       Subject:     Re: determine the right SOA values in ddns

                    05/31/01 12:52 PM

Hannah O Day <hoyoung at us.ibm.com> wrote:

> All,

> I need some help on determining the SOA values and $ttl value.  My dhcp
> lease time is 10 hours.  I need to make sure the zone transfer is
frequent
> enough that users will not notice any delays (especially those
applications
> that depending on the hostname for authentication).  All my users are

DONT EVER use hostnames for authentification.   !!!!!

If that is what you are using ddns for i suggest you go back to the drawing
board and figure out another solution.

Peter h

--
Peter Håkanson
        IPSec  Sverige      (At the Riverside of Gothenburg, home of Volvo)