difficult problem with DNS and Mail

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Sat Jul 21 02:26:50 UTC 2001

You can call the nameserver anything you want. Just make sure you keep the nameserver
name(s) and address(s) in synch between what you publish from the zone and what your
registrar provides to the TLD servers. Otherwise you're asking for trouble -- you too
could join the ranks of the loathed and despised delegation-botchers :-).

As for "mailhub" (or, more accurately, MAIL_HUB), see the cf/README file in the
sendmail distribution for the basic rundown of how it works and how to configure it.
If you have more complex requirements, you may want to go to something like
mailertables, virtusertable or LDAP-based routing instead. But it sounds like all you
need is a "punt" for inbound mail.

- Kevin