Yet about bind compilation.

Brad Knowles brad.knowles at skynet.be
Fri Jul 13 14:23:32 UTC 2001

At 9:12 AM -0300 7/13/01, Rafael da Rosa Righi wrote:

>  	I try to recompiling bind ( in AIX 4) and the binary length
>  was very big again. I remove the option -g ( DEGUB ) and
>  other things.

	For any kind of *nix box, you really shouldn't need to worry
about binary size -- only those pages which are actually needed will
be loaded.

	However, if there is some real reason for you to actually be
worried about this, you can always strip the resulting binary.  Of
course, this makes it impossible to debug problems if the program
should crash, but then you probably don't care about that.

>  	The questions are : How can I compiling bind to use shared
>  libraries?

	The instructions are included in the documentation.

/*        efdtt.c  Author:  Charles M. Hannum <root at ihack.net>          */