Yet about bind compilation.

Rafael da Rosa Righi rafaelr at cpd.ufsm.br
Fri Jul 13 12:12:25 UTC 2001

Hello all,

	I try to recompiling bind ( in AIX 4) and the binary length
was very big again. I remove the option -g ( DEGUB ) and
other things.
	There are some Makefiles in the  directories of souce
code. I find one makefile in lib ( a subdirectory of souce code )
and in this, in my opinion, the lib are made statics.
	The questions are : How can I compiling bind to use shared
libraries?
			    There are only one kind of source code of bind
 or exist the code to use static library and another to use shared
library?

	One example :
	The cuurent nslookup file have lenght = 103952 bytes and this
file use shared library. ( See dump -Tv binary )
	In my opinion, to comiple bind with shared library I have , in
first, make the shared libraries eand then modify the souce to use this.

	Thank you for see my email.

./Rafael --righi

PS: I don't type english very much.
Rafael da Rosa Righi   E-mail : rafaelr at cpd.ufsm.br
				rafaelrr at inf.ufsm.br
Estagiario Set. Sup. a Redes   - Centro de Processamento de Dados
Curso de Ciencia da Computacao - Universidade Federal de Santa Maria

Brazil - south america