zone transfer issue

Auteria Wally Winzer Jr. wally.winzer at ChampUSA.COM
Sun Jul 8 01:36:13 UTC 2001

I need to perform a zone transfer to a virtual interface on the
same machine, with the virtual interface acting as a slave.
I can perform the transfer if it's setup as a stub, but not as a slave,
yet I can perform a zone transfer onto a different machine w/ a virtual
interface when it's setup as a slave.  I checked the acl within my master
conf file, yet everything's cool.  The transfer to the other machine w/ the
virtual interface works fine, but the transfer to the virtual interface on the
same machine fails (type slave, not type stub).

Is this because I can't do full zone transfers to a virtual interface
if that ns is acting as a slave on the same machine?  Yet, the stub transfer
works fine on that virtual interface on the same machine.

I'm confused.  Thanks.

- Wally Winzer Jr.

-- Type: application/x-pkcs7-signature
-- File: smime.p7s