debugging bind 9.x @ start

Mark.Andrews at nominum.com Mark.Andrews at nominum.com
Fri Jul 6 07:38:28 UTC 2001

>  Also, I need to setup a nameserver with two views for a zone,
> and this won't work :

> options {
> 	allow-query { none; };
> };
>
> view "internet" in {
> 	match-address { 0.0.0.0/0; };
>
> 	zone "in.somedomain.com" {
> 		allow-query  { 0.0.0.0/0; };
> 	};
>
> };
>
> view "intranet" in {
>         match-address { locals; };
>
>         zone "local.somedomain.com" {
>                 allow-query  { locals; };
>         };
> };
>
> named would return query refused for *.somedomain.com
> what is wrong with this config file ?

	Firstly the views are in the wrong order.  The way you have it
	now the second few will never be matched unless you have a IPv6
	client.

	Secondy use "any;" instead of "0.0.0.0/0".  See point 1 above
	for why.

	Thirdly "*.somedomain.com" does not match "in.somedomain.com"
	in a pure DNS query sence.  If you mean replace "*" with some
	random string when performing the lookup then that string need
	to be "in" or end in ".in".

	Mark

--
Mark Andrews, Nominum Inc.