debugging bind 9.x @ start

Will Yardley william at hq.newdream.net
Fri Jul 6 07:40:27 UTC 2001

the obvious question is - did you run named-checkconf on it??
aura# named-checkconf
aura#

that will give you pretty verbose errors if there are any.

have you tried running named with debugging in the foreground?
ie:
named -g -d 3 (or whatever debug level you want)

if you're using 9.1.x you might think about trying out 9.2 alpha....
i've been pretty happy with it compared to 9.1.x so far, and it seems to
be (*knock wood*) working pretty well.

i've been messing around with bind9 on my home machine and my work
machine for a while, but finally getting the nerve to put 20k + zones on
it for work.....

will