BIND 8.24 & Solaris 7

june june03 at acedsl.com
Tue Jul 3 01:57:46 UTC 2001

Hi, Newbiee here.

I installed Bind 8.24 following these directions on a Solaris 7 system:

Building

        If you do not have an ANSI/ISO C compiler, give up or get GCC.  The
        one exception is the ULTRIX compiler, which isn't full ANSI C but it
        has function prototypes and BIND works around the rest.  BIND 8 also
        wants a C library that's ANSI/ISO standard, although it can work
        around some common failings.

        If you do not have yacc, get byacc or GNU bison.  If you do not have
        lex, get GNU flex.  For information on where to get GNU software,
see
        http://www.fsf.org/order/ftp.html.

        If you want to build outside the source pool, then

                make DST=/your/destination/here SRC=`pwd` links
                cd /your/destination/here

        If you want to use DST=/var/obj/bind, you can simply type

                make stdlinks

        Next, make sure you have no stale trash laying about

                make clean

        Then, update the Makefile dependencies:

                make depend

        NOTE: "make depend" is a NO-OP for some platforms, but always
harmless.

        Finally,

                make all

Installation

        To install, type

                make install

        This will copy binaries to the appropriate locations for your
system,
        and install the BIND 8 library and header files under
/usr/local/bind.

Now what? I'm sort of confused of where to go next?  Does this mean it has
been installed?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanking you in advanced

June