non-glue record below bottom of zone

Marc MERLIN marc_bind at merlins.org
Tue Jan 30 03:34:03 UTC 2001

On Tue, Jan 30, 2001 at 02:09:01PM +1100, Mark.Andrews at nominum.com wrote:
> > I had to move the '(' on the  same line than SOA, which was non obvious from
> > the cryptic error message.
>
> 	This was never legal.

True, but too bad the old parsers accepted it, and it sucks to have to find
that out when you do an emergency security upgrade. Oh well...

> > db: error: zone: hdqt.valinux.com/IN: non-glue record below bottom of zone: d
> > ev.wwwi.hdqt.valinux.com/TXT
> > load: warning: master zone "hdqt.valinux.com" (IN) rejected due to errors (se
> > rial 2001012905)
>
> 	You have delegated a sub-zone wwwi.hdqt.valinux.com.  The A record
> 	is required glue.  The rest belongs in a comment or in the
> 	wwwi.hdqt.valinux.com sub-zone.  It does not belong in the
> 	hdqt.valinux.com and will not be transfered in a zone transfer.

Ahhh, ok, makes sense now.
Shouldn't this be a warning instead of an error though? (the old code dealt
with the zone, probably by ignoring the TXT records)

Thanks for your answers,
Marc