bind v8.2.3 man pages

ray at doubleclick.net ray at doubleclick.net
Tue Jan 30 01:32:17 UTC 2001

On 29 Jan 2001, Michael Faurot wrote:

> I pulled down bind-doc.tar.gz from ftp.isc.org to get the man
> pages for bind v8.2.3, but I can't figure out how to adjust the
> Makefile to get it to produce nroff files that can be used in a
> Linux RedHat v6.X system.

Wierd things I found w/ the 8.2.3 bind-doc package as well: on a
Solaris 2.6 system, I had to hack the Makefile to use /usr/ucb/install
rather than /usr/sbin/install ... also for some reason, 'make'
complained about not finding class -mandoc when trying to invoke
`nroff -mandoc` per the Makefile. Maybe I should have tried using
gmake?

Granted, I probably have a screwed up build environment on this Sol26
so I just copied the whole /usr/local/bind/doc/man directory to a
RedHat Linux box, ran `make` to produce the *.lst* files, then copied
the stuff back over so I could resume working on making a Solaris pkg

wouldn't it be better to use autoconf for BIND? wait, 9.x does right?

Ray