DDNS Updates Not Occurring to Secondaries

Smith, William E., Jr. Bill.Smith at jhuapl.edu
Wed Jan 17 16:32:19 UTC 2001

I'm utilizing QIP as my primary DHCP & DNS servers.  I previously did not
allow my secondaries running standard BIND 8.2.2 P5 to be updated by my
primary DNS/DHCP/QIP server when a DHCP client came up.  I added the
allow-update statement to allow the server to update them.  I tried a test
and my primary DNS/QIP server was updated immediately; however, my
secondaries were not, even after several minutes. I checked my logs and
there were no unapproved update from... type messages as before.  Any idea
on what's going on here? I figured that once I added the allow-update
statement that those servers would begin to be dynamically updated.

Thanks,

Bill Smith
<mailto:bill.smith at jhuapl.edu>
The Johns Hopkins University                    Washington DC: 240-228-5523
Applied Physics Laboratory                      MD: 443-778-5523
11100 Johns Hopkins Road                        Fax: 443-778-5727
Laurel, MD 20723-6099                           Web:
<http://www.jhuapl.edu/>