Multiple IP in Zone file

Gary Wardell gwardell at gwsystems.co.il
Sun Jan 14 06:32:56 UTC 2001

Yes, each machine should/must have a unique IP, however, in the case of a
web server, for instance, you can map multiple names to a single IP and then
use host headers to route the page request to the appropriate web site which
normally would have it's own IP.  If someone recommended using a single IP
they may have been thinking that fsn2 - fsn4 were different web sites on a
single machine.

Gary