Multiple IP in Zone file

Gerald Waugh gerald at waugh.com
Sun Jan 14 01:15:24 UTC 2001

"Vik Heyndrickx" <vik.heyndrickx at pandora.be@telenet-ops.be> wrote in message
news:93qtaq$9dq at pub3.rc.vix.com...
> "Gerald Waugh" <gerald at waugh.com> schreef in bericht
> news:93qh4q$7e2 at pub3.rc.vix.com...
> > Would I or could I use one IP for these servers?
>
> No. Different hosts get different IP addresses. However, you can have a
> single domain name pointing to different IP addresses. In that case the
> remote DNS server will randomly pick one of your server hosts.
>
> Gerald, your question is very unclear. I barely understand what you are
> asking.
> Vik
Vik,
Please accept my apologies for not being more descriptive.
I have several servers (machines) and I was studying the options.
I don't want to give each server (machine) a domain name.
I want to use one domain name "frontstreetnetworks.com"
for all the servers (machines).
fsn2.frontstreetnetworks.com - fsn4.frontstreetnetworks.com

Also, I was wondering what the implications were of using one IP address.
I really think that each server (machine) should have a discrete IP.
Gerald