Do I need Zone files for Translated addresses?

Jeff Donovan jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us
Thu Jan 11 14:14:39 UTC 2001

Greetings

Do I need to setup zone files for Translated Addresses ( NAT ).

topology looks something like this:

(net)-----------{	router		}
		|	|	|	|
		|	|	|	|
		Net A	NetB	NetC	NetD

Net A holds primary DNS for the whole domain and has real addresses
Net B Has real addresses and a Zone file in DNS
Net C Has real addresses and a Zone file in DNS
Net D Has some real addresses translated to fakes.

Should I create a zone file for these fake addresses?

Suggestions on DNS support for these Fake addresses would be helpful.

Thanks

--jeff
Jeff Donovan                    Network Analyst
Bethlehem Area School District  Information & Communication Technologies
Bethlehem, PA  18020            (610) 807-5571  jdonovan at beth.k12.pa.us