Moving primary NS to another IP

Barry Margolin barmar at genuity.net
Tue Jan 9 15:23:42 UTC 2001

In article <93erl0$3f1 at pub3.rc.vix.com>, Tomer Okavi <tomer at ankura.com> wrote:
>We plan to relocate our primary NS to another IP, I have 4 secondary NS
>servers.
>Can any 1 point me to Doc's Howto's or explain how this kind of procedure
>should be done?

Change the "masters" options in the named.conf files on all the secondary
servers.

Change the A record for the primary server's hostname (if there's a glue
record in the parent domain, make sure you update it as well -- if it's a
2nd-level domain, this means sending a Modify Host form to Network
Solutions).

That's everything.

Barry Margolin, barmar at genuity.net
Genuity, Burlington, MA