DNS problem from hell: mysterious bad host information

Andras Horvai andras.horvai at nextra.hu
Thu Jan 4 07:53:23 UTC 2001

Hello !

I have almost the same problem !!
I'm working as an DNS Admin at an ISP.
One of our client has a domain: international-works.com
the correct name servers of this domain are:
ns.nextra.hu or ns1.nextra.hu

but they told me they cannot receive e-mails.
I spent a lot of time to find out what can be the problem and I found this:
(I used nslookup)

> international-works.com

Server:  [198.41.0.4]
Address:  198.41.0.4

HU      nameserver = NS.NIC.HU
HU      nameserver = NS2.NIC.FR
HU      nameserver = SUNIC.SUNET.SE
HU      nameserver = NS2.SZTAKI.HU
HU      nameserver = NS.UU.NET
NS.NIC.HU       internet address = 193.6.27.62
NS2.NIC.FR      internet address = 192.93.0.4
SUNIC.SUNET.SE  internet address = 192.36.125.2
NS2.SZTAKI.HU   internet address = 193.225.86.1
NS.UU.NET       internet address = 137.39.1.3

Can  anybody tell me how to contact by e-mail with the NetSol to
solve this problem? The e-mail address dnsadm at netsol.com doesn't work...
And they didn't reply to my e-mails what I send them through their web based
e-mail
client and the phone call from here to NetSol is to expensive.

And an other question:
How did it come about ?

Regards,

Andras Horvai