errors in log file

Kevin Darcy kcd at daimlerchrysler.com
Wed Jan 3 05:02:22 UTC 2001

Gerald Waugh wrote:

> "Mathias K=F6rber" <mathias at koerber.org> wrote in message
> news:92ibhf$kqe at pub3.rc.vix.com...
> >
> > Douglas,

He can ask, but the ISP may not prefer to do things that way. Circumstant=
ial
evidence -- Digex's instructions to only use "a single ptr record" -- sug=
gests
that maybe Digex prefers to delegate each address as a separate zone. May=
be
they find this easier to manage when delegating very small groups of addr=
esses
(as opposed to having to mix CNAMEs *and* delegations of the containing z=
ones).
Maybe they find this method easier overall for their customers to compreh=
end.
RFC 2317 is a neat hack, but it's only a BCP. If the provider wants to do=
 it
some other way, then that's how it must be done, unless and until they ca=
n be
persuaded otherwise.

- Kevin