internal and external DNS servers: no addrs found for root NS ()

Blake Sanders blake06 at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 14 14:21:48 UTC 2001

 First, I would like to say hello, and I hope everyone is fine.
Second, my question:

I setup a primary (root) and secondary internal BIND servers running on Solaris 2.7.  Everything was running great until I decided I needed them to answer requests for external hosts.  From your experiences, what would be the best way to setup up my internal DNS servers, to query a primary and secondary DNS server provided by our ISP (the ISP is currently hosting our external DNS)?

I tried adding forwarders to my conf file, however I started receiving messages because it cannot find addresses for the root servers.